Tuesday, May 31

Staying Connected


My son, Sheldon, came into the house and said, “Mom, I am going to be playing outside and I am tired of having to come inside to talk to you. Would you please wear this walkie-talkie so that I can talk to you?” Of course, I gladly put it on, and we proceeded to engage in a wonderful mother-son conversation. He started out talking about humming birds. Then, he wanted to know if I had been on the Titanic. (This statement really made me laugh.) The conversation switched many times. He then started singing and kept me smiling. It was a fun experience for Sheldon knowing that he could hear and talk to me even though he could not see me. Once he came inside for a break, we discussed the fact that as long as he was close to home and did not stray too far away, we were able to effectively communicate to each other.

After stating this observation, I immediately thought about how essential it is for us to stay “connected” with the Lord through our prayer life and daily devotion. We cannot allow the static of life and everyday living to keep us from praying or studying the Word of God.

No comments: