Sunday, July 12

Are You Creaking?

Cheerfulness is what greases the axles of the world. Don't go through life creaking. ~H.W. Byles

When you hear a creak, you immediately want to find out where it is coming from so that you can rectify the situation. Creaks are annoying, but once you find the source and put some much needed grease on it, then the creak is gone. So the next time you hear yourself complaining, take time to change your negative words into encouraging and uplifting words. By doing this small act, you will then spread much cheerfulness and enrich someone else's life! So,"let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." ~Marcel Proust






4 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post, Babe!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Now I love this. When I read your title, I was thinking of body creaks, and had to chuckle. BUT when I read on, I realized that if we aren't careful we will "creak" for all the wrong reasons. Now I've got to go "grease" my "axle". You've really set me to thinking.

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Hopper, this was one of my random compare/contrast thoughts, and I am glad you enjoyed it. A lot can be said about the words we speak. :)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Well oiled machine... it must be to operate the way it's meant to. I don't want to be "creaky", I need more of that Holy Ghost oil deep down in all the "nook and cranny" of my heart.