Wednesday, November 24

Working With All of Your Heart

Love those moments when you can instill in your child a life lesson. Hence, one of my mottos: make every moment count; seize every opportunity. This was one of those "make every moment count" opportunities. Hectic week indeed but I had a scheduled a note on my calendar: paint with Sheldon. Sheldon knew that on Friday we were going out for a family dinner and then heading to the church to paint. He was going paint the inside of the hospitality bar, and I was going to finish painting the baptismal cabinet.

We had just started when he said, "Mom do you think anyone will notice that I painted this?" I smiled and this scripture came to my mind:

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward." (Col. 3:23-24)

We talked about how there may be many instances where no one notices something that you did, but God always notices. There is a joy in working for God's kingdon and what an awesome privilege it is to serve God!   


2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Precious words from Sheldon. There has not one time that I ever regarded the time spent where our children worked beside us for His cause. Blessings!

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Hopper, yes, it is always a joy to see our kids involved in working for God's kingdom. :) We had lots of fun, and he did a great job painting.