Thursday, April 21

Friends

I enjoy taking my son to the park. I marvel at how easily he makes friends. He’ll go up to a possible playmate and simply ask, “Do you want to play?” The answer is yes, and they go on to the playground and proceed to have fun like only children can. They may be navigating a ship through a turbulent storm or simply playing a game of tag, but they are having a great time because they are FRIENDS.

To all my friends, I want to say, “Thank you for being there for me. All of you are awesome!" Even though I cannot speak to all of my friends on a daily basis, I am thankful for a Friend who is always with me, and His name is Jesus. When you stop to consider just how incredible it is to say, “Jesus is my Friend,” you can’t help but to smile. Israel Houghton’s song, “Friend of God” gently reminds me of how blessed we are to be able to call God a friend. More importantly, God call’s us His friend. (James 2:23: And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the
Friend of God.)

No comments: