Tuesday, June 14

God's Masterpiece



Sheldon's Reflection
Sheldon's Reflection,
originally uploaded by Debbie Pryor.

As a mom, I love those quite moments when my child is still fast asleep. He looks so peaceful. It is only a matter of time before he awakes, and his day begins. I might add that when he wakes up, he immediately wants to get dressed and head out the door to begin his play day. I am, therefore, utilizing this time to write my reflection for the day which is taken from Psalms 139:14: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

As ladies, we should rest assured that in our Heavenly Father's eyes we are wonderfully made. Too often we want to look in the mirror and focus on every flaw. We want to compare ourselves to someone else. We may rehearse such phrases as "well, if I looked like so and so, or if I had her talents, her personality," on and on our rampant thoughts run. Well, guess what, we will never be like someone else. We are unique and fashioned by a Maker who does not make mistakes! Hence, we need to quit coveting what another possesses and realize that the Lord has equipped us with every talent we need to effectively be His servant. March on and be encouraged for you are like no other!

Inspirational quote: "There are only two ways to live your life. 
One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is."  
(Albert Einstein)

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

Someone once said, "You were born an original, don't die a copy." Something along those lines anyways. We live in a world that is filled with copy cats in everything from clothing fashions to career choices. But with the current rage being reality based tv, books, etc. it is obvious that our world is looking for someone to be real and genuine.