Tuesday, July 19

"Flip-Flop Controversy"

Flip-flops are cute shoes, but are they appropriate for the White House? After reading the article, I completed the survey and was surprised to note that 57% agreed flip-flop footwear is appropriate for the White House. The young ladies did not, according to the article, wear just any old flip-flops, they wore the most fashionable ones available.

While I agree that our shoes should be comfortable, I just could not muster the courage to wear a pair of flip-flops to the White House. If I was meeting the President and the First Lady, I would want to look my very best, and flip-flops would definitely be the last shoe I chose to wear. However, I admire an understated quality of these women--they did not feel the need to be ostentatious. They remained true to themselves. They were simply wearing a shoe that they liked. Since the media has branded this as a major fashion no-no, now the flip-flops can be sold on e-bay, and a 10-year old girl with a brain tumor will be blessed with a financial miracle.

No comments: