Saturday, November 25

Our Thanksgiving Blessing

Thanksgiving in the Pryor household was indeed very special. We were blessed to have Mom and Dad visit with us. Our pre-thanksgiving service was wonderful. Mom is an awesome organist and piano player; we enjoyed hearing her play and sing. Dad is an inspiring speaker. We were blessed to be able to sit and listen to various life-changing instances that commenced in Dad's lifetime.

Mom and Dad also surprised Mark and I with a new table! There is something warm and cozy about a kitchen table. The table is a place were families indulge in enjoyable recollections of past events, talk about future dreams, or simply share life experiences. I know our special table will be cherished for years to come!

Last but not least, we were all able to share Mark's 40th birthday together. This remarkable event was fun. We were honored by the best church in all of the world! We feasted on spaghetti loaded with Sabrina's infamous sauce, homemade meatballs, and Sis. Cochrane's homemade yeast rolls.

And, as I sit hear typing, my son just walked through the door with his first "spiked" haircut! Yikes, I am just a little shocked, but I'll have to say the haircut looks cute. Oh, the joys of being a parent. As long as Grandma thinks Sheldon's haircut is cute, I guess it will suffice.

I'll end my thankfulness with this one thought: "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Th. 5:18)<

No comments: