Monday, April 23

Every Piece Is Important


Lego Plane
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
For the past month Sheldon has talked about wanting a Star Wars Lego set. As parents it is our pleasure to do something special for our children. So, we bought the Lego set, and mom knew it was her responsibility to put it together. When I opened the box, I honestly thought I could complete the set in an hour. After about 30 minutes, my frustration got the best of me, and I informed Sheldon that I would have to complete it the next day. He was a great trooper. Monday rolled around, and I still did not have it completed. To make a long story short, it was not until Thursday that I actually completed the intricate set! What I want to capitalize on is this one statement, "Is that piece important?"

My response to Sheldon's question was, "Yes, Sheldon, every piece is important. If one piece is missing, it will hinder us from being able to properly complete the set." I definitely learned that every intricate piece must fit at just the precise spot. Sure, I could have used my imagination and built something else, but the intent of this set was to build a spaceship, and nothing short of this outcome was going to satisfy Sheldon. For you see, he had great plans for this spaceship.

Peoples' talents are much like the tiny pieces of a Lego set. Each personal talent that you behold represents an intricate piece of a mosaic puzzle that affects the many facets of your life. For instance, at work you may have specialized knowledge in a particular field. It is this knowledge that people depend on. As a leader in your church, it is your passion that causes you to experience an intense desire to serve in a particular area. For one individual, it may be greeting guests with an exuberant smile and a heartfelt welcome. For another, it is his ability to teach home Bible studies or a sunday school class. Regardless of your talent or passion, always remember that you are an essential part of a team. No matter how minute you may think your talent is, do not be fooled into thinking that you are not important. "He found him out in the wilderness, in an empty, windswept wasteland. He threw his arms around him, lavished attention on him, guarding him as the apple of his eye." (Duet. 32:10, The Message Bible.) Can you see that you are the apple of His eye. You must remember that God has a perfect plan for your life.

7 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Incredible post! You really should be a ladies conference speaker!!! Girl, you have more patience than me. I would have never got the spaceship together! LOL

Debbie Pryor said...

Trust me, Jana, my patience was wearing mighty thin. About the time I thought I had it completed, I would realize I used the wrong piece and would have to tear down what I completed to look for the misplaced piece and start all over! That crazy thing broke so many times that I now believe I have it memorized. Yes, it was quite a crazy experience.

Thank you for your kind words!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post sis Pryor. I have no patience for things like that and would have given up in the first 10 minutes. I love that scripture.
You are just to awsome.

Debbie Pryor said...

Rebecka, that particular scripture is also one of my favorites. You and Donald are a great blessing to the church. Remember, you are a vessel that the Lord is using. We are so proud of you!!!!

DeadMule said...

Hi Debbie, I came here from Jana's blog. This is a great post. I love your anology between Lego parts and members of the church. But I want to let you in on a little secret: It is the father's job to put together every Lego set you get(we hace hundreds, so I should know), and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! LOL

Helen Losse
http://helenl.wordpress.com/

This will come up DeadMule because I'm the Poetry Editor there.

Debbie Pryor said...

Helen, thank you for making me laugh. I agree, Lego sets are meant for dad's to put together!!!! LOL

Also, thank you for visiting my blog. BTW, I voted for you. I hope you win!!!

Alaina said...

Ahhh I love legos! I still want to go to LegoLand one day... :-)
Anywho, I love your posts, they are very inspirational and you always provide great anologies and insights. I just wanted to say that, and thanks for the Happy birthday wishes! I miss you! And I'll see you very soon. :-)