Saturday, July 7

Triumph in a Moment


NewMan.jpg
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Days like today are priceless. Saturday's are reserved for our family day. We always strive to do something special together, and today was no exception. Sheldon and I decided that we would go on a bike ride. We rode around the neighborhood, stopped at a few garage sales, and headed home.

I was so invigorated about riding my bike that I decided I would find a family trail. So, armed with a bottle of water and a sense of adventure I set out to find the perfect trail. Ten minutes into my ride, my enthusiam began to wane and I even considered turning back. Just about this time, two riders passed by. I immediately got back on my bike and thought I would just follow behind the riders. Sure enough, they turned on a picturesque road. I soon began to enjoy the scenery and rode on.

I finally arrived at a street that I recognized and headed up the hill because I was certain there should be a bike trail there. For me, riding up hill is very challenging. Once again, I considered returning home, but I continued on. Like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I found the perfect trail! I rode on for about ten minutes more. Thankfully, the trip back home was down hill. Sailing down the road was fantastic! One exhilerating hour later, I bounded through the door and told Mark and Sheldon that I found a trail that we could ride our bikes on!

The moral of this story: keep going on even when you feel exhausted. Sometimes the journey is tough, but "by prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination." (Christopher Columbus)

3 comments:

Jana Allard said...

That sounds like fun!! I wish Brian would take a day now and then just for "us." He stays so busy! Mark needs to convince him to slow down. :)

Mark Pryor said...

Glad you had a good bike ride. :-)

Debbie Pryor said...

I truly had a great ride, but next time you and Sheldon will be with me. I love you!