Saturday, January 24

Daddy's Words



IMG_0397
Originally uploaded by MAPryor

Sheldon walked in the room explaining a situation concerning a friend of his. After telling me what was happening, he said, "Let's pray." It is these sweet words that bring tears to my eyes. For you see, on many countless situations I have heard his Daddy say these exact words. And yes, we prayed. We believe in prayer because prayer truly does change any situation that you face.

Somedays I stand in awe of just how quickly time passes. I recognize the door to the innocence of childhood or those simple carefree days where it is all about playing is inching to a close. A new door is dawning; a door that entails more responsibility -- a door to change. Sheldon is growing up so fast, and I am thankful that at the tender age of nine, he has an understanding of his need to pray. He truly is following in the footsteps of his Awesome Daddy!


6 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

There is nothing like the simplicity of a child-like prayer, our heavenly Father delights in answering those. Reading this I can't help but remember the night our 5th wheel was parked behind a church and Sheldon came in telling me that he believed we were going to receive a miracle that night only to have a check for several thousand dollars handed to me before we went to bed. Yes, God honors child-like faith!

Debbie Pryor said...

Babe, I am glad that Sheldon has such a wonderful example. He is so much like you, and I am thankful for this.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your picture says a 1,000 words but it doesn't clarify whether the dad is prouder of the son or the son is prouder of the dad. However, to me, it looks like the admiration is about even. Love posts like this one.

Debbie Pryor said...

Hey, good morning. Looks like we are reading blogs this morning. Thank you for your comment. I am so proud of both of these men. They truly make me smile a thousand times a day. Have an awesome day and take care.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

We are the greatest influence on our children. So God help us to keep our eyes on Him.

There is such a big difference between nine and six... were did the "Baby" go? One favorite early childhood picture book.

Debbie Pryor said...

Catherine, yes we are the greatest influence on our kids. I honestly believe our kids are a reflection of what we do and sometimes our actions speak louder than our words.

This "baby" is definitely growing up. Like you, I am not sure where the years went. I can vividly remember crying the first day he started school. He is a brave young boy, and I know that God will give him grace to face every challenge that comes his way. I am thankful that you are praying and looking out for him. :)