Saturday, February 28

The Unexpected Rose




Deb's Cuts



Originally uploaded by MAPryor
Today was an extremely busy day, but I am thanking God for the unexpected little things in life that we simply take for granted. Tonight as I was watering my plants, I noticed something marvelous-- a tiny rosebud about to burst forth into a beautiful rose. Then Mark posted a blog about enjoying the process which brings me to my point tonight.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the process of doing that we fail to notice the small wonders around us. We are always thinking, "Oh, I can't wait until." Dreams and goals are great, but you can't afford to despise the long, desolate times that you must endure for awhile or until you get there, so to speak.

I have come to the realization that any time you set out to do something great, it requires quite a bit of time, effort and patience. My prayer is Lord, please help me to enjoy the journey. There will be long, weary days but a miracle does await if you remain steadfast. Weariness will set in, but God is forever faithful and His strength is sufficient!

I am just thankful for the sweet rose that I beheld at the end of my busy day because I was reminded of God's faithfulness and how marvelous He truly is.



4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

There are so many things that I've wanted and still want to accomplish for the Lord but I always return to this quote that I found one day long ago after prayer: "I'd rather be a nightlight in the Lord's House; for a nightlight has a continuous glow and has helped far more find their way than a chantileer which is switched on from time to time." Your post was lovely, and I enjoyed it so much.

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Hopper, I LOVE your quote. This is one that I will remember! And I know you are definitely a prayer warrior--that nightlight. Thanks for commenting and sharing your thoughts. I may have blessed you but you ministered to me. I needed to read that quote. :)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I agree with you, this is a fantastic quote from Sis Karen. It's not about big and bright (even though light does shine), but about day in and day out, consistency. God is dependable and always meets the need to a "T".
Love you.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Love this post Deb. It was beautiful. Oh the process of it all. Stop and take notice of the wonder through it all. Love u