Saturday, January 21

Prayer Is Still The Answer

A certain conference preacher had a dream.  In the dream, he was in heaven.  The Lord was showing him his mansion.  Words could not describe the spectacular beauty of his mansion. He was speechless.  Interestingly enough, right next his mansion, there was a mansion that was even bigger.  The preacher  turned to the Lord and asked, "Whose mansion is this?"  He wasn't envious or jealous, he simply wanted to know who lived in the mansion.  Was it king David, Apostle Paul, Abraham?  Who?  The Lord reminded him of a lady who prayed the entire time he preached.  The preacher didn't know what she prayed, but it went something like this:  Lord I cant' preach words of wisdom.  I'm not an eloquent speaker.  I can't travel to faraway places.  I may be of little value, but I promises that I will pray for this preacher.

The story concludes that this wonderful lady's dedicated, faithful prayers brought the anointing upon the preacher's ministry.  Awesome!  We must remember that prayer is powerful.  We have a direct line to our Heavenly Father, and we need to utilize it daily and not just when it is convenient.  We must make a commitment to pray, because I sincerely believe the Lord is just waiting to speak to us.

The other day as I was praying, I received an answer to a perplexing situation. I was thrilled because once again, I was reminded that the Lord hears our prayers, and He chooses to answer them at moments when we don't even expect an answer.  Make a commitment to prayer, and your life will be greatly blessed!

No comments: