Sunday, January 29

Determination


My focus of my blog is simply just to write. Every now and then, I like to share a personal story, and that's exactly what I am about to do. Last week, I was given a new song to learn how to play. After coming home and trying to practice the song, I just could not put it together. My first thought was, well I'll have to go to my lesson and explain to my teacher that I cannot play the song. Instead of getting frustrated, I went on to play the song I learned last week. Finally, on Saturday evening, I decided to sit down and make one more attempt at the song. Thankfully, in just a matter of minutes I learned the chords, remembered the melody, and played the song! Do you want to know the secret to my success? Determination.


This brings me to my next thought. It takes determination to accomplish anything in life. If you lose your determination, you become lethargic and lose your focus. You begin to go through the motions of everyday life. Instead of having passion, you compromise and settle for the mundane. Life is too precious to merely settle. You must strive to do great things otherwise, you will never experience the sweet victory of success!

No comments: