Thursday, May 15

Standing Strong

I found this card and knew I would post its contents that reads:

A mighty wind blew night and day. It stole the oak tree's leaves away. Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark until the oak was tired and stark. But still the oak tree held its ground while other trees fell around....The weary wind gave up and spoke, "How can you still be standing, Oak? The oak tree said, "I know that you can break each branch of mine in two, carry every leaf away, shake my limbs, and make me sway, but I have roots stretched in the earth, growing stronger since my birth. You'll never touch them, for you see, they are the deepest part of me. Until today, I wasn't sure of just how much I could endure. But now I've found, with thanks to you, Im stronger than I ever knew."

There are instances in life when you experience that bitter sting of criticism, but stand tall because God will give you strength to stand. I like what John Mason said, "People who are growing with God all share one common trait; they attract criticism. Criticism is a compliment when you are doing what you know you're suppose to do . . .. It can be beneficial to receive constructive criticism from those who have your best interests at heart, but you're not responsible to respond to those who don't." Continue to stand tall dear friend, and do not ever forget just how deep your roots extend.

2 comments:

Debbie Pryor said...

I am not sure what happened, but I lost my comments. So here are the reconstructed comments:


Jolene said:

Sis. Pryor, This is absolutely beautiful. I can truely relate to this. There have been times in my life that I felt totally stripped of everything, shaken, and swayed to and fro. Yet, like the oak tree I am still standing because my roots go deep and I am built upon the sure foundation and Jesus Christ is my Chief Corner Stone.

Thank you for this great post.

Deb Responded:

Jolene, when we are experiencing that shaking/swaying process it is not always easy, but God is there and He sees it all. Thanking God for your strong roots. You are a such a blessing to my friends and your pastor, Bro. and Sis. Allard.

iluv2prshim said...

Amen! Great post.