Saturday, September 6

Happy Birthday, Sheldon!








Sheldon @ Balboa Pier

Originally uploaded by MAPryor


The story begins: Babe, I just want you to know that I almost fainted today. It was the weirdest feeling.

At that precise moment, we both knew that I was expecting our first child. I remember the very first time Daddy and me heard your heart beat; time stood still. We both had tear in our eyes. I remember the ultrasound when we were given the first glimpse of YOU. I remember standing in church, and you kicked! At first I thought I was imagining it. I guess you wanted me to acknowledge you; you kicked once more. I pushed back, and you kicked once again. Amazing! Those tiny little kicks and turns continued, and I never wanted those special bonding moments to end. Time marched on, and on September 7, 1999 you made your grand entrance into this world weighing in at 9 pounds 10 ounces; 21 inches long! I remember hearing your first cry, and I knew that all was well; you were here and I was given a new title, Mom.

When I first held you, I could not stop gazing and thinking how much you looked like your daddy! It was then that a natural-motherly instinct engulfed me, and I was head over hills in love with you! You are my sunshine, and you make me smile. You bring much laughter and joy into our lives.

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY, SHELDON! Daddy and I are so proud of you. You meet every challenge with such determination. You are a passionate child who loves serving the Lord. You are a superb son and great example to others. We love you! Wishing you a grand, wonderful day filled with many sweet memories.
>Love, Mom






4 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Happy Birthday!!!

iluv2prshim said...

Happy Birthday, Sheldon. :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sheldon. Hope it was filled with fun things.

Debbie Pryor said...

Thank you Mark, Ronda and Karen for your comments. I have passed them onto Sheldon! God bless you!