Wednesday, November 26

Thanksgiving Pies

Sheldon made the comment that there is something happy about a house when you smell food cooking, and over and over he requested that I make pies. To capture the aroma of pies baking, I have attempted to make mom's sweet potato pies. I'll have to say my first attempt was not too bad, but I can assure you my pies will not make a debut on the Martha Stewart show. Nope, not even close. Due to the slight spottiness on top of the pies (which may be an indication that I over-baked the pies), Mark's first witty remark was, "they look like they have leprosy." (After I about knocked his head off (just kidding), we laughed). I assured him that they may not look the prettiest, but they taste good! However, they will have to pass the ultimate taste test, and Mark will make the final decision. So dear readers, I'll post a picture soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!







3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Uhm, Deb I think Yankee makes a candle that smells like pies being baked in kitchen. LOL

Look forward to trying a piece of your pie in a little while.

Debbie Pryor said...

You my dear are too funny. LOL Love you!

Mark Pryor said...

Well, hopefully Mom will be here next year...








but your pies passed the taste test. :-) Love you!!!