Tuesday, December 8

Words of Advice


IMG_0053.jpg
Originally uploaded by MAPryor


If you have lived long enough and you are honest with yourself, at some point in your life you have felt those ugly envy pains. You may have even uttered the words, "Oh, if I had her life, I would be so happy." God knows what is best for you and you are living a life according to His plan and purpose. I like what Lysa Terkeurst says in her book Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl:

"I am not equipped for her good.
I am not equipped for her bad.
I am not equipped to carry the weight of her victories.
I am not equipped to shoulder her burdens.
I am not equipped to be her in any way.
I am, however, perfectly equipped to be me.
Therefore, thank You, God, for only entrusting me with what I have and who I am."

When you view it from this perspective, you realize just how blessed you are to be you!


1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

That is a GREAT quote!