Saturday, December 16

Bright Compliments

Last night, the department leaders were present at our annual planning session. We have many grand events on the calendar. I am looking forward to 2007!

Once I exited the restaurant, I noticed an antique store still open. I thought I would just peek inside. When I glanced through the door, a lovely lady kindly said, "I'm closed. I have family waiting on me." She gave me a compliment, and I complimented her on her beauty. And this is what I want to capitalize on: She said, "It is God!"

Many women are chasing the newest fades, hairstyles and latest gizmos for beauty. These women look in the mirror and only see fine wrinkles, pale complexion, sagging skin, and gray hairs or they only see their flaws. They are running, running, running from what happens naturally: the aging process. I have read articles where women in their early thirties are receiving Botox injections and every kind of body enhancing surgery around. On the beauty aisles, you can read about creams which diminish fine lines, firm your skin, and enhance your beauty. Yes, women are buying senseless products or undergoing life endangering operations all for the meritless promise of maintaining youth and beauty.

It is God who made us! God knew exactly what you would look like; He gave you the greatest gift -- YOU. There is no one else like you! You are beautiful regardless of the season of your life. If more women could grasp hold of this concept, they would experience what true beauty is all about.

True beauty begins on the inside and radiates on the outside! Beauty is more than just your skin tone, the firmness of your skin, the color of your hair or the womanly figure that graces you. "Beautiful women are happy women." You can always spot a beautiful woman because she is always smiling, she is happy, and she is a delight to be around. She is comfortable with herself!

Remember, "favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. (Prov. 31:30) And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us . . .." (Psa. 90:17)

No comments: