Friday, December 15

The Joy of Saying, "Good Morning"

This morning I was pondering on when I volunteered at Sheldon's school. I had the privilege of smiling, opening car doors, and saying good morning. What a fantastic way to begin a day.

I would have to agree with the following quote taken from John Mason: Serving others is one of life's most awesome privileges. Albert Schweitzer said, " The only ones among you who will really be happy are those who have sought and found how to serve."

This concept of serving is right. Serving others will truly bring out your best qualities. Serving does not take a great deal of time. It can be something so simplistic such as listening to someone share a heart-felt concern or it can be giving of your time. What can you do today to serve? We do not serve for recognition, but we serve others because it truly is a blessing! When serving others, I am the most fulfilled.

No comments: