Tuesday, December 5

What A Wonderful, Awesome, Incredible, Fantastic Husband


DSC03146.jpg
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
When I ponder on my marriage, I am reminded of what a blessing it is to be married to a remarkable, loving, perfect gentleman. We have been married for twelve years, and my love for him has not waned; my love has only grown stronger. I am always amazed at his thoughtfulness.

Last Monday, I was fretting over returning to work after having been off for eight, relaxing days. Of course, Mark patiently listened while I explained what was going on at work. Much to my surprise, in the early afternoon, I received a beautiful boutique of fragrant, vibrant flowers along with a special note letting me know that he loves me. At every opportunity, my eyes would stray toward my lovely flowers, and I was sweetly reminded of someone thinking about me.

The journey of marriage has many twists, turns and unexpected events. Marriage is exciting and fulfilling. If I could offer advice to married couples, I would have to say that communication is vital. Words of affirmation need to be given on a daily basis. Hugs and kisses are always appropriate no matter what time of the day. I find no greater comfort than being in the arms of the one I love. Hold hands at every opportunity even if you are simply walking from the parking lot to the store. Enjoy every precious moment together!

Disagreements happen, but you should have more good days than bad. When you are wrong, simply apologize, get over it, and go on with life. You waste precious time and energy if you continue to dwell on a "fuss" that happened last week.

Simply take time for one another and stay connected at whatever phase you are in your marriage. When you are newly married, it is just the two of you. When you have children, your focus changes, but you still must stay connected and take time for one another. You need to continue to go places that just the two of you enjoy. Your family won't suffer but rather will be strengthened by this small act. "Don't ever take date night or your date for granted. Married couples - DATE EACH OTHER. The crumbiest date night is better than the best day in divorce court...."

In a nutshell, treat him like a king and he in turn will treat you like a queen. Babe, you are the wind beneath my wings. I love you!

No comments: