Friday, January 5

Your Family is a Reflection of You


Patio Pix 3.jpg
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Wednesday night was the beginning of our family crusade. While we listened, laughed, and pondered on the importance of family, I want to capitalize on one point: Your family is a reflection of you. As a child, I grew up in a less than perfect home environment; but at the tender age of 12, there was an intense desire in my heart to have a family that would be engulfed in love. I desired to have a home where Christ was the center. I also desired to have a loving husband who would be a pillar of strength to me and my family.

Psalms 145:19 reads, "He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them." Thankfully, the Lord fulfilled every earnest desire I tenderly and sincerely prayed about. We are not perfect, but I can honestly say that our home is a haven. We are a family dedicated to pursuing the perfect will of God. Sheldon has two GREAT parents who love and adore him. Our love for one another is expressed on a daily basis! Mark is not only a pillar of strength, but he is a faith-filled preacher with an unrelenting desire to see revival in Orange County. He loves his family and church family.

What do you desire for your family? I challenge you to pray about your dreams and desires for your family because if you will delight thyself also in the LORD . . . He shall give you the desires of your heart. (Psa. 37:4)

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

Debbie - You are a most beautiful lady, wife, and mother. Your story could almost be put into a fairytale. No, life isn't perfect, put God directed your feet into a chosen path. I am so proud to be your friend and watch as you and your family serve Orange County. You and Mark are awesome parents because as your article states, Sheldon is a reflection of you two. Well, thinking about that, you and Mark must be nearly perfect because Sheldon is a perfect child!!! Love you so much!!!!