Tuesday, May 8

You Are Wonderfully Made


IMG_1091
Originally uploaded by Supercow in the city.
Perhaps the most important thing we can undertake toward the reduction of fear is to make it easier for people to accept themselves, to like themselves. (Bonaro W. Overstreet)

Radiant people are those who are comfortable with themselves. When you wear a facade, you cannot be confident with the true you. Everyday becomes a masquerade party; and after awhile, you essentially forget your true self. Right now, allow the real you to step forward for all to see, and remember: "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God--you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made!" (Pslam 139)

3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

"When you wear a facade, you cannot be confident with the true you. Everyday becomes a masquerade party; and after awhile, you essentially forget your true self. Right now, allow the real you to step forward for all to see,..." - Oh, wow, makes me wanna preach right there...I think the NT word for that is "hypocrite."

Jana Allard said...

Great thought, Debbie. Being fearfully and wonderfully made should cause people to want to shine.

Anonymous said...

Great post, that is my favorite Pslam's.

Love ya