Tuesday, March 4

Long Winding Road


nothing more than a silhouette
Originally uploaded by serni.
As I sit here tonight there is an old song that is running through my mind "I really can't turn back because someone might be using my track." This song talks about a long, winding road.

My journey has not been free of heartaches. Recently, I have encountered a few bumps, but one thing for sure I have made up my mind that no matter what comes my way, I will not turn back. I will not give up! I will stand by Mark and share his burden and passion for reaching a city. I will decrease so that God may increase in my life. I will keep my focus on the One who can change any situation. I will listen to that still small voice that guides and directs me. I will be encouraged because someone took time to call and say I care.

Could it be that we forget about who is following us. We sometimes want to take the easy way out and just take another pathway. God help us to be more cognizant of our actions because someone truly is following after us. You may not be aware of the footprints, but you are affecting someone. You have a responsibility to not quit. You just need to trust God and allow Him to continue leading and guiding you, but quitting is never the answer.

13 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. I could comment more, but I especially like this part "I will decrease and so that God may increase in my life. I will keep my focus on the One who can change any situation. I will listen to that still small voice that guides and directs me."

iluv2prshim said...

Great post! "It's Always to Soon to Quit".
Blessings!

Jana Allard said...

Debbie - after reading your post, I decided there is no need for us to cry about these bumps and since you and I love having a good time, let's turn it into the bump dance. I'm sorry you have had "bumps" but you have one of the sweetest spirits I know and you are so godly. I rebuke anyone coming against you and defend you in the power of Jesus Name.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you for this post! It gives strength to continue this "long winding road". This song is one of my favorites! I will keep walking. There is a quote I've tried to live by since a "teen" that says, "I cannot fail for there are those who trust me." Keep walking...there are many following. God bless you on your journey!!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful heartfelt posting. We can all relate to it at one time or another.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Pryor,

We are living epistles for the world to read. Yes, someone is following, watching.
Be encouraged - the Master has it all planned out - even the bumps! Could it be that later on you will be able to minister to someone getting tripped up by bumps that you kept a sure footing on?

I love you and your family. God bless you.

Mark Pryor said...

I came by to see if you posted something new, but found myself re-reading this post and read the comments from Ronda and Jana.

There will always be bumps, but I like what Jana said about turning them into a "bump dance" :-) and I agree with Ronda that "It's always too soon to quit!"

Debbie Saiz said...

I love that song! Hang in there. . .it is from those bumps that we grow stronger. You are a strong woman and are going to make it! Let's get together soon!! Sheldon needs to come see Dexter, our new puppy.

Debbie Pryor said...

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I am thankful to know that I have friends praying for me. God is so good, and His strength truly is sufficient. We serve a mighty God, and my life is in his hands. Love all of you!!

Rochelle said...

This post reminded me of a post I just wrote a few days ago titled Enough. Yes, it's a long winding road and yes there are bumps, but I am learning that knowing He loves me and wants to spend time with me is enough to get me through it. Great post.

Debbie Pryor said...

Yes, if God brought you to it, He will give you the strength to go through it.

Tara Sloan said...

You shared some pretty powerful statements! It sounds as if you and Mark have found your place of resolve... keep listening to that voice and refuse any "grass is greener" ideology... You are in the right place for such a time as this!

Debbie Pryor said...

Tara, thank you for your words of wisdom. God truly does work in mysterious ways, and I appreciate what you said. God bless you!