Sunday, March 23

Sheldon's New Suit


IMG_0165
Originally uploaded by pentecostalsofoc
"I like the red shirt and shoes because that is what Bryce would wear." I laughed when Sheldon told me this, but it made me thankful that he has chosen a great role model to follow after. I miss the days when I could pick out his clothes and shoes, and he would just wear what I bought. Now, he is developing his own sense of style, and I am standing back and allowing him room to grow. (Yes, he picked out the suit and shoes.)

Young people remember that there are kids that are admiring you from afar off, and they are trying to be just like you. Always put God first and continue to be a bright, shining example.

5 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Snazzy little suit Sheldon is wearing there!

Tell it Sister Pryor, the world admires our kids, envies them at times, but they won't tell it. I know for a fact that they never forget our children - the teachers neither.

Rochelle said...

He is very handsome!! I volunteer in our church school teaching jr/sr high girl's health, and some of the conversations we get into amaze me. They notice so much more than I give them credit for, but I sometimes think they don't understand just what an impact they have on the little kids. I also teach sign language to the elementary school, and you are so right... they really do look up to the older kids so much!

Debbie Pryor said...

Catherine, thank you for commenting. Yes, our kids do leave a lasting impression!

Debbie Pryor said...

Rochelle, kids do pay attention to the little details and it is important for the older ones to understand this. Thank you for your comment.

Jana Allard said...

Oh my word!!!!! TOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! This picture took me back a few years when Bryce started developing his own style. It does look exactly like what Bryce would have picked. What a guy! Someday, there will be other kids following Sheldon's example. Debbie, we are so blessed to have such great boys.