Saturday, March 29

The Golf Swing--The Swing of Life


The Golf Swing
Originally uploaded by MAPryor
Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: taking long walks and hitting things with a stick. (P.J. O'Rourke)

The golf swing is really unique. You have to stay focused and keep your eye on the ball; no sneaking a peek before you smack it into the air and it sails away (hopefully straight). Before you even look up, you can feel the motion of whether or not you have swung just right. Too hard, and the ball just flops. When you truly have connected, you know that it is a beautiful swing and then you look up and confirm just what you thought. When you try too hard and use too much force, sometimes you simply miss the mark. It is your natural swing that counts; it's the natural rhythm that makes the most difference.

Life is much like the swinging of a golf club. Some days you feel connected; your groove is naturally right and you are connecting in the perfect manner. You have chosen the right "club" to make the right hit. Sometimes you use the driver because you need the distance; you need to really make an impact. Other times, you may choose the putter or maybe you simply need to give small words of encouragement. Whatever the club, it is your natural rhythm that makes all the difference. What you do naturally will always outshine your forced actions. Natural motivators have a way with people, but if you let this same individual try to become something she is not then, her rhythm becomes thorny and unnatural. Stay connected and flow with your true, natural rhythm.


“A book is a part of life, a manifestation of life, just as much as a tree or a horse or a star. It obeys its own rhythms, its own laws, whether it be a novel, a play, or a diary. The deep, hidden rhythm of life is always there/that of the pulse, the heart beat.” (Henry Miller)

16 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. You have made me want to go hit some more golf balls. :-) This was an awesome day where it has felt like the swing has connected with great impact.

Jana Allard said...

First, this is a great post. Second, I love the pic with your hair flying behind you. What an action shot!!! Girl, you got it going on! No wonder Mark is so flipped for you! LOL

Mark Pryor said...

Jana, she does and I am. :-)

Debbie Pryor said...

Jana, thank you for the sweet comments. I have just found a new way to relax and that is playing golf. We are all having a lot of fun.

Debbie Pryor said...

Mark, I am glad you are still "flipped" over me; you motivate me to always be the best I can possibly be. Love you!

Mark Pryor said...

Haha...you betcha I'm flipped over you.

WOW, this post is really bad...ever time I look at it I feel like grabbing my clubs and head out to the range. :-)

Rochelle said...

I have not been golfing on over a year. This makes me want to go! And I can really relate to this post today. Great post and fun picture.

Debbie Pryor said...

Mark, admit it, you just like to play golf, and now you have me hooked. LOL

Debbie Pryor said...

Rochelle, I guess when you are here visiting, we will need to meet at the golf range and then go to Starbucks for coffee. So, start practicing. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Debbie-
I just found your blog and wanted to reconnect. Hope all is well with you & your family. Would love to hear from you sometime... Love ya, Shawnna Buxton

James Wilder said...

Sis. Debbie,
I saw your comment on Jana Allard's blog so I just gave your blog a visit. Good post.

My golf swing needs desperate improvement! If it's a type of life, I hope my life is better than my golf swing!
Hey...Spring Season means Golf Season. Maybe things will improve this year!

Unknown said...

Debbie, this is a powerful, timely post.

I play golf too--my clubs are from WalMart--and I always consider that I must be the winner, for consistently I have the highest score. :) God has been really good to me, but when athletic abilities were distributed, I must have been looking the other direction, for I'm abysmal at sports.

Jerry plays golf and anytime I go, I do always enjoy it for the scenery is beautiful. My favorite part is driving the golf cart!

Great post--Wish you continued happiness with your life and with your golf game.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Rochelle said...

Oh that would be soooo lovely!! We were at a friend's house for dinner tonight and I was just saying that I haven't been golfing in too long!!

Debbie Pryor said...

Shawnna, what a great surprise -- thanks for stopping by. Please send me your e-mail, and I'll be in touch with you very soon. God bless you!

Debbie Pryor said...

James Wilder, thank you for visiting my blog. Have fun on the golf course!

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Buxton, I am glad to hear about your golfing success! My love for the sport is just beginning. So far, I am just hitting the balls, but I am looking forward to playing an actual game with Mark. Maybe I'll even win! LOL Take care and God bless you!!!!!