Tuesday, April 22

My Fantastic Day Of Rest


1stGolf
Originally uploaded by MAPryor
Wow, talk about relaxing and fun. Today was just that. Mark and I had a great time playing golf. I have to say playing golf is much more challenging than what I thought. The funniest part was when I hit the ball and it looked as if it was heading straight for a man that was standing at the second hole. Thankfully, the ball hit a palm tree, then it flew back and settled safely onto the ground. We did not keep score, but I assure you that my score was very, very high. Oh, and I only lost two balls. I guess that is not so bad considering this was my first game ever. I am looking forward to our next game.

On a positive note, I gained new knowledge concerning how I should practice at the golf range. I enjoy seeing the balls fly, but I now know that what is really important is form. I have a ways to go, but this journey sure is fun!

10 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Babe, indeed it was a lot of fun. I'm glad you and I were able to take the day off and go play golf together. I thought you did great considering it was your first time to ever play on a course. It was so funny to watch your pink ball headed directly towards the tree and then hit it. LOL

BTW anybody who thinks golf is easy has never played. Ah, but it's a fun, challenging thing to do and it helps you get your mind off things for a few hours. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sis Pryor
Glad you where able to take a day off and enjoy yourself.
Glad you did not hit the man with your ball but it would have made a funny story.............hehehe.
Love ya

iluv2prshim said...

Deb, You make me want to get my clubs out of the garage and go play right now! Whew, it's been way to long. I would probably hit every tree on the course. :) Glad you had fun!

Debbie Pryor said...

Mark thank you for your vote of confidence. It really was fun and I can't wait until we are back on the greens!


Becka, I agree that would have made a funny story. When we were getting ready to play, I told this man that this was my first game. He politely said, "Oh." He declined our offer for him to join us. LOL


Rhonda, I believe you should get your clubs out and start a ladies golf club. This would be fun! Just think of the funny stories we could tell.

Mark Pryor said...

LOL Deb, I had forgotten about that being the same guy. We let him play ahead of us on first hole and he made some caustic remark when you mentioned it being your first time. Now, I know why you almost hit him and didn't yell "fore!" LOL

Rochelle said...

Okay, I'm feeling inspired. I think a round of golf will be needed in my very near future!! :)

Debbie Pryor said...

Rochelle, in case you can't tell, I think I just found a favorite pastime. I told Mark that he can't play golf without me. Even though I was very intimated about playing my first game, it was so enjoyable! So I said all of that to say that you need to play very soon; I think you will be hooked! :)

iluv2prshim said...

Just wanted to let you know that we played golf today. :) We had a blast. Of course I didn't take score. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie Pryor said...

Rhonda, that is too cool! I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Steven Saiz said...

Deb, I am so impressed! Good for you! Keep on practicing!