Tuesday, August 19

Changing Seasons








IMG_0260 Originally uploaded by Debbie R. Pryor

What is about summer turning to fall that always causes a sudden rustling, sometimes uneasy feeling. A part of me laments the fact that another summer will soon fade away. Sheldon will be back in school. Homework will take the place of free time. Dinners on the patio will now be enjoyed at the kitchen table. The grill will be used less frequently as I begin to make meals that will now be cooked in the oven. Sunlight will fade before I even have the opportunity to walk through my front door. Leaves and more leaves will decorate the ground. Change, change, and more amazing change. Oh, I will not despair because life is meant to be experienced. I do not even want to keep it from changing; I want to enjoy every new season.

I have said all of this to now come to the main point: “Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again." (Sarah Ban Breathnach) Expect the unexpected because we serve a mighty God!


6 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Deb, great post. You pointed out something that is often missed by those who oppose change...change is just part of the natural flow of life...LIVE life, EXPERIENCE life, and EMBRACE the changes that life brings your way for God is the Giver of "life and that more abundantly" and I would definitely not want to oppose Him!!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your words took me to the scripture, To Everything there is a Season; however, it also added an anticipation for the "unexpected" and since I serve a "mighty God", He will take me through every season. Great post.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

The same Scripture came to my mind!

Every season is beautiful, in nature and in life. Too bad that a lot of times we want to get ahead and "skip" some stages. When I was 14 years old, I couldn't wait to be 16... and then to be 18. Now I'm over 21 :) and I learned to live today.
I want to enjoy all God has, if He is in it, it's GOOD!
Love you!

iluv2prshim said...

Great post. I am like you and want to ENJOY every season.

Rochelle said...

This was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you.

Debbie Pryor said...

Thank you everyone for kindly posting your words. Seasons of our lives are quite an experience, and it sounds as if we all agree: let's enjoy every season. Have a fantastic day!