Saturday, March 10

Two Plus Three Equals Arturo, Jonathon and Sheldon

When we were still evangelizing, I use to wonder what it would be like to have children over for a night or even an afternoon. Now that wonder has become a reality. Sheldon has just experienced his first night with friends staying over his house! I can honestly say this experience has been enjoyable.

For dinner it was pizza, desert was homemade chocolate chip cookies, and bedtime was not until 12:00 midnight! They had fun just playing with toys and games. Finally, we read a book, said our goodnight prayer, and everyone settled down for the evening.

This morning, I awoke to the sound of kids talking and a toy gun popping, but it was great! Before I headed downstairs, I looked into his room and noticed toys everywhere, but this priceless mess is okay, because it's a reminder me that their evening was a fun-filled event.

Presently, they are playing in the yard, and I guess I should prepare breakfast which we all agreed would be pancakes with chocolate chips! I believe Mark and I will forego the chocolate chips and smother our pancakes with good old fashioned peanut butter and syrup. (Don't wrinkle your nose too quickly, peanut butter on pancakes is quite delicious.)

Our afternoon plan will consist of playing baseball and going to the park. Here, they will run off all their abounding energy until they are so tired and ready for an early bedtime. (I wonder about the early bedtime, but I can hope.)

Here's the conclusion of our day. We had a great game of baseball, ate McDonald's hamburgers, and swang on the tire swing. The boys were hilarious to watch as they spun around and around on the tire swing. They met some friends and enjoyed a playful gun fight, but most importantly they spent time with each other and had a fun day!

P.S. Jana, this summer I believe I'll be ready to have Blake stay the night. Maybe I can coax Bryn into staying the weekend with me.

2 comments:

Jana Allard said...

After all the activity, you should get an early night because those boys should be worn out! You are more brave than me!

Debbie Pryor said...

Well, it is 3:00 and the boys just went home. After playing baseball, war games, and swinging on the tire, they are pretty worn out and ready to take a nap. As for us, we are still moving. :-)