Thursday, March 22

Wise Words Concerning Praise


doorknob
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of a cell." C.S. Lewis

"Oh for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise, the glories of my God and King, the triumphs of grace!" Charles Wesley

Is your praise contingent upon your emotions? Are you stingy with your praise? If the right song is not being sung, do you forego offering praise unto your Heavenly Father? If your favorite song leader is not leading, do you cease to rejoice? If a negative situation comes your way do you pout and fail to offer up a sacrifice of praise? Psalm 63:4 reads, "I will PRAISE you as long as I live and in your name I will lift up my hands."

We are unable to praise and admire God enough. Praise is a simple act of gratitude; it is simply giving God the glory for everything that He has done for you. You might say, "Well He has not done anything for me lately." If you woke up this morning, He gave you breath, another day to live--that in and of itself is a miracle and worthy of praise. I'll end with this quote by Billy Graham, "The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless."

3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Awesome post. When a person allows their feelings or circumstance to stop them from praising God then they have just allowed their feelings/circumstances to become a form of idolatry that steals God's praise. When I watch people sit back rather than praise I become concerned as a pastor because they are dangerously close to becoming, if they are not already, backslidden in their spirit.

BTW I like that quote by Billy Graham, "The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless."

Jana Allard said...

Debbie - this is an awesome post. Girl, you ought to write a whole bunch more and make a prayer journal or daily devotional.

Debbie Pryor said...

Jana, you're too sweet. I appreciate your comment!