Saturday, June 2

A Time For Giving

When my wonderful in-laws came to visit us last year, they both commented on our busy lifestyle. But no matter how busy the schedule, we must take time for people. "You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it." (Albert Schweitzer) What are you willing to do? Can you spare a few moments just to listen to a mom talk about what is going on in her life? Are you willing to forego the housework so you can spend some quality time with your family? Setting aside time for someone is imperative. It is a timeless blessing to invest in someone other than yourself. As the saying goes, "Just do it!"

Here is what Apostle Paul had to say on investing in others, "I've never, as you so well know, had any taste for wealth or fashion. With these bare hands I took care of my own basic needs and those who worked with me. In everything I've done, I have demonstrated to you how necessary it is to work on behalf of the weak and not exploit them. You'll not likely go wrong here if you keep remembering that our Master said, 'You're far happier giving than getting.'" (Acts 20:35-36, The Message Bible.)



2 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Great post! I see you are enjoying The Message Bible. You know, Debbie, I need to slow down more than I do. Your post spoke to me.

Mark Pryor said...

Hey, great post from someone who "practices" what she "preaches."