Sunday, December 30

I See My Christmas Memories


Starbucks Ornament
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Christmas comes too quickly and then soon fades away into cherished memories. I see our Christmas tree decorated and chasing Christmas lights twinkling. I see gifts wrapped just waiting to be opened. I see a wonderful husband and amazing dad finding those perfect gifts. I see Sheldon and me decorating sugar cookies. I see co-workers exchanging gifts and hugs. I see a church banquet with great food, funny entertainment, and lots of happy people. I see an extraordinary children's drama conducted by Sharon and Art Lavenant. I see children praying and the spirit of God moving. I see a special gift that was given to us by the best people in all the world--The Pentecostals of OC. I see Bryn, Blake, Bryce, Sarah, and Sheldon gleefully opening gifts. I see friends eating the best red velvet cake you will ever taste. I see Jana, Brian and Mark just relaxing. I see another Scrabble game that was played and once again the men won! Best of all, I see family and friends celebrating another Christmas holiday!

Sometimes I wish Christmas did not have to end. I guess you can say that is how memories are made. Though we cannot tangibly relive the moment, we can dwell on those happy times and always say remember when.

Now, my desk sits where our Christmas tree once stood. The living room is just a little darker, but the memories are still there. I agree with Sheldon, it is a sad moment when we have to take the tree down. I gingerly wrapped every ornament and thought about when and where I bought the little trinket. I even have new ornaments to add to my collection. One is the ornament on this post which was given to me by Alice and a snowflake ornament that was given to me by Jana. I also have special, handcrafted ornaments made by Sheldon. Just more memories to tuck away. Life is so grand and full of precious moments to cherish.

I see a Christmas holiday that is now a fond memory. Farewell Christmas 2007 and hello new year. I know 2008 will be awesome!

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

GREAT POST! Definitely a lot of memories revolve around Christmas time.