Monday, December 17

Here's a Real Cowboy


IMG_4838.JPG
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Meet Cowboy Sheldon and Rocket. Thank you Steve and Debbie Saiz for making this such a special, unforgettable day for Sheldon, Mark and me. We had one FANTASTIC day!

Sheldon has read Black Beauty and War Horse. Thus, he has a fascination for horses, and on Saturday he bravely rode a horse. Rocket is a Tennessee Walker. I'll have to say Rocket is quite spirited when he is led from his stable into the corral. I enjoyed watching Rocket run, leap, and literally roll in the dirt. I was truly amazed. Steve kept telling us that Rocket will become "mellow" once he has had a chance to "exercise" all that excess energy! No way was I going to worry. So, when I saw Sheldon sit in the saddle, I just had to smile with such pride because he was one brave little cowboy.

Hey, and the fun did not end here. We then met Bauer the boxer and Chiquita the poodle. We had fun playing with the dogs. Last but not least, you cannot visit with friends without enjoying a good meal. So, we headed to Ruby's and enjoyed clam chowder, veggies, salad, fried shrimp and fish! Finally, the radar in the Saiz's truck led us to Penguins where the girls enjoyed yogurt. (Sheldon said the yogurt was disgusting, but by the time he had a few bites, he changed his mind.) We are looking forward to our next time of fellowship!



IMG_4846.JPG
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Here we are with Rocket.

4 comments:

Steven Saiz said...

Sheldon looks great on that horse! We enjoyed the day with you guys! It was a blast!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Howdy partner! Great picture. I'm glad to hear you had a good time. You deserve it. Sheldon is "King of the hill"!
Love you,
Sis Catherine
P.S. Nice sweater.

iluv2prshim said...

Oh, How Fun! Rocket is a beauty. Nathan had a "Walker" when we lived in Texarkana. She was beautiful too. Maybe I'll post a pic or two one of these days on my blog.
Glad you guys had such a good time.

Jana Allard said...

Awwww! What great memories Sheldon is making! He will have to tell me all about it when you guys come up for Christmas.