Monday, December 31

Last Post For The Year


IMG_0002
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
Wow, today is my last post for the year. I am amazed that even though I am much busier, I found more time to write this year than I did last year. So, why do I blog? Is it for the comments? No, those are nice but not an absolute necessity. I blog for the simple enjoyment of writing and sharing my personal thoughts. Jack Dann said, "For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me." Yes, writing is a journey; it is a creative outlet of personal expression. It is a time that I can simply relax and share what I am thinking. Sometimes my thoughts are inspirational. At other times, it is just sharing a special moment that I do not want to forget.

"Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer." (Barbara Kingsolver) I believe I'll take this challenge and write about everything that captivates my attention. I'll forget all the rules, and simply write. "Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." (Jesse Stuart) Yes, I believe I'll write.....

9 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Aha, keep it up. One thing is for sure, blogging is not about the comments. :-) I like the idea of blogging as a form of idea stewardship. Like anything else we must also be good stewards of the ideas that God blesses us with. Great post and I look forward to reading your posts this up coming year.

Debbie Pryor said...

That is so true, we need to share what "God blesses us with." Thanks for being my number one fan. I love you!

Rochelle said...

What an excellent explanatioin for blogging. When I first started this journey, I think I worried too much who would read it and if they did, what would they think! But now I recognize how good it writing feels. I enjoy that I have a way to record those emotions and events that I might otherwise forget. I enjoy sharing those memories and events with my family and friends. And I too enjoy the comments, although not a necessity. Thank you for sharing your world with us in blogland. You are a blessing.

Happy New Year!

iluv2prshim said...

Great post for the end of the year. It is so true. Keep up the good work and keep writing.
Blessings to you in the New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to all of you! And yes, keep writing...:)

Shirley Buxton

Monica Hassas said...

Happy New Year, Deb! Sheldon is certainly growing up quickly into a handsome young man.

Debbie Pryor said...

Rochelle, blogging is a lot of fun. I also enjoy reading your blog. You have a very unique writing style. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Hurst and Sis. Buxton, I appreciate both of you. Thank you for being such marvelous leaders. God bless you!

Debbie Pryor said...

Monica, Sheldon is growing up too quickly. He brings much joy and laughter to us. I look forward to keeping up on your life. Keep blogging.