Monday, January 21

Action Speaks Louder Than Words


Sheldon/SWAT
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
"As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. " (Andrew Carnegie) This quote leads to my next thought, one's actions will always speak louder than words. This is a timeless proverb that has great meaning. Three words that one never tires of hearing are I love you. I know my husband loves me not just because he tells me but more so by his actions. You need words and actions to affirm what you really mean to communicate. For you see, actions really do speak louder than words.

What are your actions speaking to God? What are your actions speaking to your family or friends. Do you simply say something, but than in a matter of days or weeks, you simply fall back into your own pattern of apathy. Do you say I love you, but never do anything to show your love for God or for your family. Words of affirmation can never be given enough, but remember, "People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do." (Lewis Cass)

6 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

This is a great post. The quotes by Carnegie and Cass are both awesome. Truly peoples actions far out weigh their words. People are quick to say things, but if their actions do not align with their words...I go with what their actions say every time.

Jana Allard said...

Awesome post. That SWAT guy sure is cute. :)

iluv2prshim said...

Great post and so true.
I agree, the SWAT guy is cute. :)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

We've heard that from our youth - actions speak louder than words. That was the way it was with my family (and extended family) growing up - actions. Words are easy to say - but it means nothing without action.
Children know very well the difference between words and what we are really saying.
You are right, we need to say the words - and back up what we say.
Great quotes.

Rochelle said...

Awwwww!!! Great post!!! How adorable is that SWAT guy!

Brian Allard said...

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Works or actions is an integral part of our faith. When you are doing you don't even have to speak!