Saturday, January 5

Thanking God For Comfort Food And For The Hands That Prepared It--Marcella Roseberry


ChickenNoodleSoup
Originally uploaded by MAPryor.
You never quite consider your health until you are so sick that you can barely get out of bed and you wonder if this horrendous condition will ever abate. That my friend is what I have experienced for the last four days. Usually, if I feel "run down," I know it is a warning signal to get some rest. Thus, I can usually rest for a day and by the next morning or sometimes evening, I feel much better. Not so this time. I rested and I thought I had escaped whatever it is that is going around, but then it struck and the Pryor household was filled with resounding coughs and sneezes. In a nutshell, we were REALLY sick!

What do you want when you are sick? Comfort food or better known as chicken noodle soup. Yep, that was what I was desiring. Now for the happy ending. Friday evening an angel by the name of Marcella called. She had made some chicken soup and wondered if we would like some. Here it was raining outside, but she wanted to bring us some soup. I should have taken a picture of her. When I opened the door, she had on a raincoat and was wet, but with a smile on her face she gave me the best soup! My heart flipped flopped and tears came to my eyes because that very day I had mentioned to Mark that I wanted some homemade chicken noodle soup. I believe this was a miracle to remind me that God is watching over us.

Marcella, thank you, thank you! Your soup was absolutely delicious! Thank you for taking time out to be a blessing to our family. You are just too sweet.

11 comments:

Brian Allard said...

So sorry Deb that you have been ill. If I lived closer I would have made you a red cake. It is sure to cure anything!

Jana Allard said...

Aw, I am so sorry you have been so sick. I hope you are starting to feel better. I love you - here's a hug. ("~")

Rochelle said...

How sweet of Marcella!! A few weeks ago, my friend Denise did the exact same thing! (Except it wasn't raining!!) I hope you are feeling better!

Debbie Pryor said...

Brian, I do believe that red velvet cake could have cured my sickness. :-) It sure is great, and we keep talking about it. Jana, thank you for the hug. You are too sweet! Thankfully, I am feeling mucho better!

Debbie Pryor said...

Rochelle, I am feeling much better. :-) So much so, that now it is time to do laundry and clean house. LOL I am glad that when you were sick some brought you soup. It is always a special treat when someone goes out of their way for you. Take care!

Mark Pryor said...

Marcela, thanks for the soup. It was exactly what Debbie had mentioned wanting about an hour earlier.

Brian, that Red Velvet Cake is AWESOME! I wish I had a piece right now.

Debbie Pryor said...

Babe, and thank you for being there. Even though you weren't feeling well yourself, you always went to Juice It Up and bought us a Just Peachy juice. Love you!

iluv2prshim said...

The soup looks delicious. I hope you are feeling better now.
Blessings

Steven Saiz said...

Sorry to hear you all were not feeling well! It is definitely going around. Glad to hear you are better! Our prayers are with you all!

Steve

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Yes, that chicken soup was great. Don-André came to pick Samuel up friday (he played with the new train tracks - I laid on the couch all bundled up) and brought some over. I had been sick all day and night before. That soup just hit the spot. I ate and went to bed. You know what, when it's made and given with love, it does work miracles!!! Sorry you have been so sick, sure missed you on wednesday.
Love you and your family,
Sis Catherine

Debbie Saiz said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better. Nothing like good ol' homemade chicken soup. . .I made some on Thursday evening.